Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Soundtracks to my Novels

I love music.When I was a teenager, I would jack up my "ghetto-blaster" until my bedroom walls shook (a fact that drove my mother crazy, no doubt). I would gather my friends and hit the small venues like La Luna or bigger ones like The Salem Armory to watch my favorite punk and ska bands play.I don't go to concerts anymore, but I still love music. In fact, I love to write to music. Have you heard that Kenny Chesney song, "I Go Back"? If not, the basic premise is that every time he hears a particular song, it sends him back into a memory.There are certain songs that I feel connected to. I'm one of those types who looks for deeper meaning in any song (though I have to admit, there is little or no meaning in rap or pop music IMHO). I love country music because each song tells a story and it evokes emotions that I can relate to.There are also certain songs that I feel are connected to the stories I write. WHEN I become a published author, I'm thinking of posting a "soundtrack" tab on my website, listing the songs that inspired me during my journey of creating these paper people.But, since I'm not published, nor do I have a website, I'll give it to you instead:

First and unfinished novel:

Killing Me Softly by The Fugees
Hazard by Richard Marx
Again by Janet Jackson
Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks
Cowboy, Take Me Away by the Dixie Chicks
Wicked Game by Chris Issac

Second Novel:

Hips Don't Lie by Shakira
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
How to Save a Life by The Frey
Top of the World by the Dixie Chicks
It's Time (album) Michael Buble

Third Novel:

Afterglow (album) by Sarah McLaughlin
Wreck of the Day (album) by Anna Nalick
Foiled (album) by Blue October

Fourth Novel:

Stand Still, Look Pretty (album) by The Wreckers
The Hits (album) by Garth Brooks
Honky Tonk Badonkadonk by Trace Adkins
When You Kiss Me Like This by Toby Keith
Jagged Little Pill (album) by Alanis Morissette
Under the Pink (album) by Tori Amos

No comments: