Thursday, November 30, 2006

Who are you people and why are you calling me Mommy?

So, the doctor says I have gastritis, or a pre-ulcer condition. Oh, yippee. Excuse me? You want to put your finger where? I hope you're taking me out to dinner afterwards.

The most relaxing part of my day yesterday was when the "student" was drawing my blood. The real nurse watched my kids. This is a sad state of affairs.

Moments earlier, I'd stopped in the cafe at the doctor's office, sucking down a refreshing diet coke while my wee beasts screamed at the top of their lungs. People were staring. Why doesn't she do something about those kids? Normally, I'm Nazi Lady, the mean mommy. Today, I have a burning hole in my gut and my patience, never plentiful on a good day, has worn thin.

Wee Beast #1 is mad because I bought a blueberry muffin when she wanted another treat and Wee Beast #2 is wailing because he's tired and being a general poop. My father in law, bless his black heart, says I'm letting the inmates run the asylum.

Well, if that's the case, I have one question:

Where in the hell is my padded room?

2 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Oh, geez. Sympathies on the gastritis. I hope you get things fixed up soon.

I have three gremlins - all of which turn evil at various times per day. If I'd been in the cafe with you, I'd have simply smiled an nodded. Been there - STILL there. ;)

Hang tough. Someday they'll be out of the house.

Paty Jager said...

Eli's right! Before you know it they are all grown and gone. Then they come home and tell you how to clean your house and take care of your plants!LOL

Hang in there!